It sounds so easy, doesn’t it? Yet setting up a mailing list is the step countless entrepreneurs procrastinate over the most.
Although it can be an intimidating process, if you know what you’re doing and what pieces to focus on you’ll be able to include this crucial component quite easily.
You’ve done most of the basic groundwork for your business: Thoroughly researched your market, identified your best paying customer and created at least a rough business plan and sales funnel. The next step is to build a list of subscribers who are pre-qualified and predisposed to buy from you.
Here is an overview of exactly what steps are involved in creating and setting up an effective, growing Mailing List… of responsive customers and clients:
- An irresistible incentive (your “freebie”), to entice readers to part with their highly-prized contact information
- An irresistible “squeeze” page (landing page)
- Choosing and setting up your Autoresponder service
- Creating and uploading a fascinating Autoresponder email series — that flows smoothly
- Maintaining momentum and maximizing your assets
Many of my clients get stuck right at number one. What can I offer? What do I create? I don’t want you to be bogged down by this one step. Keep moving with action and make a decision. Here’s what you need to consider: Take a look at what your ideal customer or client needs, where are they in their journey… and try to anticipate their next need.
Think of creative ways to offer a juicy freebie that fills the gap. Some ideas are:
- A “how to” video or webinar
- A free local (or online) workshop
- A “taste” of your product or services
- A free email mini-course
Maintain a presence online, build your community, dedicate a set time per day to social networking, hold webinars…
Your journey has only just begun — but pay attention to these 5 steps and implementing them in your biz plan your list will grow and prosper almost organically.