I would like to thank Lori Isachsen for hosting me as a guest blogger in celebration of my virtual book tour and the release of my new book “The Entrepreneurial Mom’s Guide to Growing a Business, Raising a Family, and Creating a Life You Love”.
Do you feel that you have hit a plateau in your business?
Are you looking to increase your visibility in a busy marketplace?
Are you trying to find a platform that helps you stand out from the crowd?
For years I truly admired the overnight successes and the one hit wonders but as I have studied how they got to where they are, I quickly learned that their success was due to months and years of long hours, early mornings, late nights and many sacrifices. The greatest lesson I learnt was that building a platform and increasing your visibility is a lot easier than a person thinks.
Believe it or not, you can become an overnight success -after you put in all the hard work that goes with it!
I can hear you laughing now.
Seriously, there are many platforms that you can build upon and increase your visibility in today’s marketplace. There are several action tips that you can do to increase your online profile as well as your off-line profile. But the true secret to success has to do with engagement – it all comes down to building relationships and making a difference.
- Be where your audience is both on and off-line. You need to be engaged and active in the conversations in your industry and the people you serve. You cannot build a business or a platform and wait for people to come to you. Go out and meet opportunity. Engage in online forums and networking events. People need to get to know you and your brand. You need to build that know like and trust factor with the people you serve.
- Take consistent action. If you say you’re going to mail out your newsletter twice a month or update your blog 2 to 3 times a week then do so. By taking consistent action, you are planting the seeds for your success. When you build a couple platforms, you have greater opportunity to spread those seeds into future opportunities.
- Share your resources. Follow-up with the people you meet at networking events. Do not try to sell them, instead try to find out what challenges them. Perhaps you can be the solution by offering articles, blog posts, or YouTube videos that can help them overcome the challenge they shared.
The more you are seen and off line you increase your visibility at the same time you are building your platform.
- Offer a free gift. Drive traffic to your website by offering an e-book, training video, or special report that people can receive if they opt in to your newsletter or e-zine. You want to start building a community of followers.
- Write compelling content. There are many other newsletters, magazines, and online directories that are looking for value and content that improves lives. You can also repurpose this content into tele-seminars, audio products, and videos. Writing a book gives you instant credibility.
The people will come as you offer value and interact with them. Take time to follow-up from a place of service and ask for the opportunity to help them. Business growth takes consistent action and compounds. At some point, the scales will tip and you will be the overnight success – do not give up! Get out there and take action.
What are some ways that you have built your platform and increased your visibility in the marketplace?
Debra Kasowski is the author of The Entrepreneurial Mom’s Guide to Growing a Business, Raising a Family, and Creating a Life You Love. Visit her blog and upcoming blog tour events www.themillionairewoman.com
Debra is a professional speaker, avid blogger, and business strategist/coach is known for provoking thought and inspiring many women and men to take action and live their life rich from the inside out! You can purchase this book at www.amazon.com/author/debrakasowski